Vault Dispensary Requirements You Need To Know
It's no secret that the marijuana industry is booming. It's estimated that the cannabis market will reach $24 billion by 2023. More and more states are legalizing marijuana as well, which means more dispensaries are popping up across America. But how do you know if you can purchase weed at a vault dispensary? There are state-specific laws on the books that dictate who can buy cannabis from a dispensary (and where it can be sold). Let's outline those requirements so you can understand what needs to happen to legally get high with your friends!
What Is A Vault?
A storage vault is a place where you can store your cannabis in a safe and secure environment. It's important to know that not all vaults are created equal, so it's important to do your research before choosing one. There are two main types of vaults: home storage and commercial storage. These two types differ mainly in their size and price point, but they both offer the same great benefits!
- Home Storage: This type of vault is ideal for storing small amounts of cannabis at home or on vacation since they're relatively inexpensive compared to commercial options. They're also easy to use since there aren't many buttons or settings involved-just fill up your container with buds, close it up tight with some tape (or something else), then store it somewhere safe, like your closet!
- Commercial Storage: These larger vaults are better suited for businesses looking for secure solutions, such as dispensaries or grow facilities, because they come equipped with advanced security features like fingerprint scanners that can only be opened by authorized users (i.e., employees).
How To Open A Vault
Vault requirements vary based on what you're keeping in them and how you plan on using them. For example, a bank might require different security measures than an average homeowner who just wants some extra protection for their firearms collection at home
- Security Alarm System: A security alarm system is required for all dispensaries. This is to ensure that all marijuana and cannabis products are properly secured at all times. The alarm system must be installed by a licensed contractor approved by the state and must meet all applicable building codes, fire codes, and other applicable laws.
- Video Surveillance System: Vault has a video surveillance system that records all activity inside and outside the building. This is to ensure safety, as well as provide evidence if there is ever an incident on site. The footage can be viewed by Vault staff at any time, but it is also available for viewing by law enforcement officials upon request.
- Storage:When you're storing your cannabis, it's important to keep it in a cool, dry place. Anywhere between 65- and 75-degrees Fahrenheit is ideal for storage. The humidity should be less than 50%, either by using a dehumidifier or keeping the container tightly closed. You should also ensure that there isn't any moisture on or around your cannabis; if there is, remove it immediately so mold doesn't develop!
- Secure Transport: Securing your product is a huge process. You'll need to package your cannabis in approved safesand transport it from the cultivation facility to another location for packaging or sale. This can be done by any carrier that provides secure transportation services (think FedEx, UPS, etc.). If you don't feel comfortable with this process yourself, we recommend hiring a professional who specializes in handling medical marijuana products.